Library Social Networking: Next Gen?

One of the more interesting things that I learned on my recent trip to Denver was the new feature of Aquabrowser called 'My Experience' where LibraryThing tags (17M) and ratings (2M) are pre-loaded and made available out-of-the-box. More important is how all instances of My Experience can participate in a global network of other instances, and can share additional social networking information generated by the users' of the instances (and perhaps other sources?).

I also have to say that I was very impressed with the presentation of TLC's Indigo ILS front-end: it was very convincing (and much better than their online flash presentation: they need to fix that!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Java, MySql increased performance with Huge Pages

Canadian Science Policy Conference

Project Torngat: Building Large-Scale Semantic 'Maps of Science' with LuSql, Lucene, Semantic Vectors, R and Processing from Full-Text