Sub-title: "Responsibilities of research institutions and funders, data managers, learned societies and publishers"
This draft report from the Research Information Network (RIN), UK, for consultation is a must-read for those wrestling with policies and guidelines concerned with the long-term management, access to, and archiving of digital data generated by the activities of researchers. It outlines a comprehensive policy framework, based around five principles:
- Roles and responsibilities
- Standards and quality assurance
- Access, usage and credit
- Benefits and cost effectiveness
- Preservation and sustainability
- Arts & Humanities Research Council
- Biotechnology & Biological Sciences Research Council
- Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council
- Economic & Social Research Council
- Medical Research Council
- Natural Environment Research Council
- Science and Technology Facilities Council
Update 2008 01 15:
- Michael Jubb. 2007. UK Research Funders’ Policies for the Management of Information Outputs. International Journal of Digital Curation, Vol 2, No 1.