- Open Data for Global Science: A Review of Recent Developments in National and International Scientific Data Policies and Related Proposals. Paul F. Uhlir.
- Big Opportunities in Access to "Small Science" Data. Harlan Onsrud and James Campbell.
- OECD Principles and Guidelines for Access to Research Data from Public Funding. Dirk Pilat and Yukiko Fukasaku.
- Open Access to Scientific Data: Promoting Science and Innovation. Guan-Hua Xu.
- Open Data for Global Science. Paul F. Uhlir and Peter Schröder.
The "Big Opportunities..." article I find particularly engaging for a couple of reasons: 1) their introduction of the "Commons of Scientific and Technical Data (CSTD)" as managed by the network of university libraries sounds promising, and 2) my own pet belief, that the data produced by "small science" is also useful and needs to be looked after.
Thanks to Cliff Lynch for the pointer.